Tabatha tagged me!
So, here is my twist on 7 random things about me.
1. My mother had a miscarraige before I was born.
- If she would have carried that baby full-term, I would not have been born.
- Thus the reason for me having so many babies.
- I know what it is like to almost not be born! :=)
2. I have a great fear of getting up in front of crowds.
- I can talk one-on-one with anyone, but put me in front of a crowd and I about pass out!
- I once dropped out of an elementary ed. college class because the teacher got up and said he was going to call on people and they were to stand up and give their name and why they were taking the class.
- Not sure which fear is greater: crowds or bees!
3. I met my husband when I was 10 years old.
- I knew I wanted to marry him.
- I was too shy to talk to him.
- We got married 15 years later.
4. I was saved when I was 4 years old.
- The preacher had preached on Hell and I knew I didn't want to go there.
- I was sitting with another family during the service and decided to go forward at the invitation.
- I was walking forward, all alone, beside a wall and the chairs, where the pastor couldn't see me.
- He stopped invitation as soon as I was about half way there.
- I turned and went back to my seat, thoroughly embarrased.
- I remember seeing someone point at me so the pastor could see.
- He restarted the invitation, but I did not go forward again.
- I told my mom & dad in the car that I wanted to get saved.
- I was sitting in the middle of the back seat of the car, right beside my big brother, with my mom's shawl on our laps.
- I prayed and asked Jesus to save me in the back of the car on October 26, 1980.
5. I had doubts about my salvation when I was 8, while living in England.
- I got reassurance of my salvation at home with my mom.
- The night I got baptized, the heater wasn't working for the baptismal.
- They had to break the ice in the baptistry before we got baptized.
- I was the first one in and got out very quickly!!
6. I have always been extremely modest.
- When I was 4 years old, I refused to take my shirt off in the doctors office.
- My mom threatened to call my dad.
- I took the shirt off but held it on my chest/belly.
- I would not remove the shirt!
- Mother had high blood pressure that day! :)
7. I felt God's calling on my life to be a missionary when I was 6 years old.
- We had a missionary at our church who showed a slide show.
- Mom came to tuck me in bed that night and I told her God wanted me to be a missionary.
- She told me that was great.
- I said, No, He wants me to go right now!
- Mother replied with "I think God wants you to grow up first!"
- Mother's always know just what to say, don't they?
Tag-- you're it!!!
Rachel
Tori
Beth H.
To all those tagged, I would like to see your take on seven random things...
everyone is so unique!
Have a wonderful day! :=)
To all those tagged, I would like to see your take on seven random things...
everyone is so unique!
Have a wonderful day! :=)













2 comments:
I didn't realize how much we have in common! I was saved at 7, and shortly after felt God calling me to be a missionary.
I wasn't almost miscarried, but I think of not having Matthew had the Lord allowed me to have Bethany or the miscarriage after her, and I nearly cry... thus the babies keep coming (even if I don't get to keep them all!) Let's see, what else? Oh, I hate speaking to crowds too, I feel I am going to swoon just thinking about it!
I posted my seven things! :)
http://riverbend-ramblings.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-things.html
Post a Comment